How will your office continue to protect citizens from criminal activity?
- The Sheriff’s Office and Community working together
- Continue fair and impartial law enforcement holding those breaking the law accountable
- Continue with round table/town hall discussions involving community, business leaders and residents
Why do people call you the 21st Century Candidate?
Instead of having a situation where crimes go unreported, we have and continue to leverage technologies making it easier for residents to engage with your Sheriff’s Office
- Since taking office we have implemented technologies to allow for online reporting of non-emergency crimes saving time while making sure we are getting the full crime picture
- Encouraging the development and use of new and improving technologies providing resources for the community. (One highlight is the Go Fauquier app developed by the county government allowing for residents to leverage information and allow deputies to be more efficient with their time as well as making it easier for residents to report suspicious activity)
How will the community be in partnership with the Sheriff’s Office?
Continue building confidence in our youth setting the conditions of being purpose driven through Explorer Program for our youth, ages 14-20
- Continue to involve explorers in the day-to-day activities of law enforcement, such as fingerprinting children for parents. Expose these young men and women to the day-to-day operations of law enforcement
- Investment in leadership development programs above and beyond the basic in-service training requirements
- Expand Sheriff’s Office interaction with our Schools
What is Accreditation by Commonwealth of Virginia and why is it important?
- It’s a set of standards and guidelines for Professional Policing set by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
- Peace of mind for you, the citizen, that your Sheriff’s Office is following best practices; the Sheriff’s Office achieved initial accreditation in 2018 and we will seek re-accreditation
- Note: All counties surrounding Fauquier, with the exception of Rappahannock are accredited; this includes the Town of Warrenton Police department and the Virginia State Police
In 2019, you have a critical choice about the future law enforcement in Fauquier County.
Vote to RE-ELECT Bob Mosier, Fauquier County Sheriff
"I’m committed to protect and preserve Fauquier County's quality of life." - Bob Mosier